Notes on being Lector on a Sunday Morning
- Let Dr. Davidson know that you are present. Check to make sure readings in Lectern Bible, located in room beside Vestry, are marked.
- During the last verse of the second hymn, make your way to the lectern. Adjust the microphone as necessary.
- Once the congregation is seated, say, “Let us pray”. Feel free to pray as you want, but also feel free to use the following prayer:
Gracious God, by your Holy Spirit, open our minds that as the Scriptures are read and your Word is proclaimed, we may be led into your truth and taught your will for the sake of Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen
4. Announce: “The Responsive Reading is ________________________, found on page _____ of the Old Testament section of the pew Bible. Give the congregation a minute to locate the passage and begin reading aloud. Let the Gloria Patri be sung.
5. Announce the next Scripture Reading along with the page # and proceed with reading aloud. Sit in large chair by lectern while the Anthem is sung.
6. Announce the next Scripture Reading along with the page # and proceed with reading aloud. Please return to your seat when the congregation begins singing the hymn.